Egg & Tuna Salad
6 eggs, hard boiled
1 small can tuna, flaked
2 stalks celery, sliced finely
4 tablespoon mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the shell off and then carefully cut into the pointed end of the eggs. From this incision, delicately take out the yolks.
- Set aside the outer egg white as these will be used as an outer casing for the stuffing later on.
- Mash the egg yolks in a bowl. Finely chop the egg whites cut off from the pointed end of the boiled eggs and then add these to the mashed yolks.
- Mix in the tuna and celery.
- Add the mayonnaise. Give it a good stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Now divided this tuna and egg stuffing and use this to fill in the egg white casings. Keep everything tidy.
- Serve in a bed of shredded lettuce.
Eggs Benedict, photo by JMorton
This is aesthetically pleasing to the eye and the tastebuds. As you cut into the egg, the still runny yolk deliciously gush out from the inside. The saltiness of the caviar give this recipe that ‘nuttiness’ goodness! 🙂
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 large free range eggs
- 2 toasting muffins
- 1 batch hot hollandaise sauce
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 1/2 oz caviar
- Bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil (at least 2 litres) and add the vinegar. Break the eggs into 4 separate coffee cups or ramekins. Split the muffins, toast them and warm some plates.
- Swirl the vinegared water briskly to form a vortex and slide in an egg. It will curl round and set to a neat round shape. Cook for 2-3 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Repeat with the other eggs, one at a time, re-swirling the water as you slide in the eggs. Spread some sauce on each muffin, scrunch a slice of ham on top, then top with an egg. Spoon over the remaining hollandaise.
- Garnish with caviar and serve at once.
Tasty Spiced Nuts
Spiced Nuts Recipe
Nuts are good for you. They are versatile and lovely to serve at parties. Even lovelier eaten as a snack rather than chocolates and cakes.
Just be aware that you do not have a nut allergy!
Here is an easy recipe for a spicily yummy nuts:
125g whole almonds
125g cashew nuts
125g pecan nuts
125g hazelnuts, pre-toasted and skinned.
1 tbsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
30g unsalted butter
2 1/2 tsp muscovado sugar (soft brown sugar)
2tsp chopped rosemary
Method of Preparation
Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 or 200 degrees centigrade
Place all the nuts into a baking tray and toast for 5-7 minutes or aromatic.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the sea salt and cayenne pepper.
Melt he butter along with the sugar in a large sauce pan. Stir to combine.
Add the nuts and rosemary and stir to coat.
Delicious served hot or at room temperature.
Chilli Cheese Nugget, photo by JMorton
Chilli Cheesy Nuggets
These are gooey with aromatic chilli taste. Perfect for parties. Love these little babies when Peter and I ordered them at Burger King the other night.
We had leftovers, which we kept in the fridge and reheated in the oven at 180C for 5 minutes. They came out so lovely.
Anyway, Burger King’s ones are delicious but they can be easily done at home. Below is the recipe.
- 75g grated mature cheddar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped `Jalapeno peppers or green peppers (remove the seeds and white membranes if not partial to too much heat)
- vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs, beaten with a teaspoon of turmeric or chilli powder
- Use a cheese grater to chop the chunk of cheese finely if you can’t find an already grated cheese in your local supermarket. 🙂
- In a mixing bowl, add together the grated cheese, Jalapeno, cornflour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley. Add a bit of milk to make the ingredients adhere together. Mix well until a dough is created.
- Then divide the dough into equal bite-size balls.
- Roll each ball first in the plain flour, then dip into the spiced beaten eggs and then roll into the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden all over.
- Let them rest on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
Enjoy with fried chicken or burger.
Cross section of Avocado – JMorton
Party season is coming up! Avocado Canapés is delicious finger food or something for the buffet table. It is easy to make and rather exotically healthy.
For the buffet table:
1/2 packet of loaf thick white bread
2 ripe avocados
1 tbsp English mustard
Method of preparation:
You can really use your imagination with the bread by using seasonal cookie cutter such as Christmas tree shape, sledge or any pretty cutter in your cupboard. Cut the bread slices with abandon :0
Cut the avocados and remove the stones. Scoop the flesh using a spoon. Put the flesh into a food mixer together with mustard, juice from the lemon and salt. Blend until smooth.
Spread generously the avocado mixture over the shaped breads and lightly sprinkle with paprika.