Our awesome goddess, Gwyneth Paltrow, is unfortunately trending high at the moment because of unfortunate reasons. One of these is her very recent conscious uncoupling with her English husband, Coldplay’s Chris Martin. LOL
There is something about Gwyneth that raise the ire of some people. I think it has to do with her perfection and yet comes across as being too “know it all”. Sometimes you can’t really blame her, she is an award winning actress, she can dance, she can sing, she has lovely legs, she has lovely children, she has fame, she has fortune, she has everything that is going under the sun. But sometimes she has this propensity for spatting weird and wonderful quotes as Sky News below have compiled.
By the way, sorry that Gwyneth and Chris decided to consciously uncouple.
A “conscious uncoupling” is not the first bizarre turn of phrase or outrageous thing Gwyneth Paltrow has been known to say over the years.
In a 2,000 word statement about the actress’ separation from husband Chris Martin the couple explained the concept which apparently revolves around identifying “a negative internal object that needed healing”.
Here are a few more examples of quotes which have left fans either baffled or with violent inclinations …
1) From a Goop newsletter about her children’s diets: “They love a brown rice stir-fry, but they also love their ‘Coke of the week’.” Also: “My daughter gravitates toward fresh fruit and raw nuts but will inhale a bag of hot Cheetos at the airport. It’s all about balance.”
The site, which is split into different subject areas headlined Make, Go, Get, Do, Be and See, was set up by Paltrow in 2008 to “share all of life’s positives” and “nourish the inner aspect”.
2) “When I pass a flowering zucchini plant in a garden, my heart skips a beat.”
3) “I am who I am. I can’t pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year.”
4) “I’d rather smoke crack than eat cheese from a tin.”
5) To Cosmopolitan: “We’re human beings and the sun is the sun – how can it be bad for you? I don’t think anything that’s natural can be bad for you.”
6) “Beauty fades! I just turned 29, so I probably don’t have that many good years left in me.”
7) To Harper’s Bazaar: “I think that women, especially women in my job, come to me because they know I’m very loving and non-judgmental and I’m not competitive, and I’ve been through a lot.”
8) Speaking to the same magazine about beauty: “You know, I use organic products, but I get lasers. It’s what makes life interesting, finding the balance between cigarettes and tofu.”
9) Paltrow tells Harper’s her guilty pleasure: “My one light American Spirit that I smoke once a week, on Saturday night.”
10) On hallucinating while hiking in Arizona: “I’ll never forget it. I was starting to hike up the red rocks, and honestly, it was as if I heard the rock say, ‘You have the answers. You are your teacher’. I thought I was having an auditory hallucination.”
And the actress gave perhaps one of the most emotional Oscar acceptance speeches in history when she blubbed her way through thanking her family in 1999.
“I would not have been able to play this role had I not understood love of a tremendous magnitude and for that I thank my family,” she said.
She won the best actress prize for Shakespeare In Love.
Gwyneth has become more daring in her fashion style. I think this started when she made the first Iron Man movie with Robert Downey, Jr. Suddenly Gwyneth commenced wearing shorter dresses best showing her perfect pins. Not only that, she became rather fond of clothes which were worn ala commando style, often showing her pert derriere. 😉
Here are the clothes that contributed to Gwyneth being named the most beautiful woman in the world.
It has been a hectic week for Gwyneth. She probably doesn’t know whether she was coming or going that she forgot to put on her panties for the premiere of Iron Man 3 last night.
This week alone, she was voted the most annoying person in the world and then at the same time People magazine reading public concurred that she is the most beautiful woman in the world.
Our Gwyneth is certainly beautiful, quite stunning in fact for her age. But the most beautiful? I don’t think so. meouw!!! 😉 hahaha I can easily name so many women who are natural inheritors of Helen of Troy’s supercalifragilisticexpialidocious gorgeousness. They are Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, Megan Fox, Jessica Alba, Nicole Kidman etc, etc. Nicole Kidman, now here is a goddess.
But let us not take away this ephemeral title from Gwyneth, she needs it as a salve for being branded the most irritating.
So Gwyneth enjoy, and for goodness’ sake put some knickers on.
GWYNETH PALTROW ON GOING COMMANDO
Gwyneth Paltrow admitted at The Ellen De Generes Show that her sheer panel dress at the premiere of Iron Man 3 was a bit of a disaster.
It sounded as if she did not have a choice but go commando and shave off unwanted hirsuitism.
“Let’s just say everyone went scrambling for a razor… so I went from being the most beautiful to the most humiliated in one day.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
Gwyneth tried to be coy and sounded like she was a bit of a neophyte member of the pantyless celebrities.
Our blonde goddess seemed to have forgotten another instance when she revealed the same rump in December 2010 in Emilio Pucci dress at the Country Strong premiere.