It is December!
It is officially Christmas Season.
Give Love of Christmas.
It is the time to send Christmas cards to nearest and dearest, including to those often forgotten and overlooked relatives and acquaintances. 🙂
It is time to set up the Christmas Tree.
It is time to buy presents and gift, know your budget.
It is time to party.
It is the to visit the relatives.
And most important of all it is the time to celebrate a most spiritual Birthday of all.
Happy Birthday to our Lord, Jesus!
Christmas Songs, World’s Favourite
Apparently, below is a list of world’s favourite Christmas songs, is your personal choice on the list below? 🙂
50 Best Christmas songs (according to PRS for Music) in full (position, artist, year, writer)
- Fairytale of New York, The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl, 1987 Jem Finer, Shane MacGowan
- All I Want For Christmas Is You, Mariah Carey 1994 Mariah Carey, Walter Afanasieff
- Do They Know It’s Christmas? Band Aid 1984, Bob Geldof, Midge Ure
- Last Christmas, Wham! 1984 George Michael
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town Harry Reser 1934 John Fredrick Coots, Haven Gillespie
- Do You Hear What I Hear? Bing Crosby 1962 Noel Regney, Gloria Shayne
- Happy Christmas (War Is Over), John & Yoko/Plastic Ono Band with the Harlem Community Choir 1971 John Lennon, Yoko Ono
- Wonderful Christmastime, Paul McCartney 1979, Paul McCartney
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday, Wizzard 1973 Roy Wood
- Merry Xmas Everybody, Slade 1973, Noddy Holder, Jim Lea
- Merry Christmas Everyone, Shakin’ Stevens 1985, Bob Heatlie
- Sleigh Ride, Leroy Anderson, 1950, Leroy Anderson
- Stay Another Day, East 17, 1994 Tony Mortimer
- Driving Home For Christmas, Chris Rea, 1988, Chris Rea
- Rockin Around The Christmas Tree, Brenda Lee, 1958, Johnny Marks
- Step Into Christmas, Elton John, 1973 Elton John, Bernie Taupin
- 2000 Miles, The Pretenders, 1983 Chrissie Hynde
- I’m Gonna Be Warm This Winter, Connie Francis / Gabriella Cilmi 1962 / 2008 Hank Hunter, Mark Barkan
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Darlene Love 1963 Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich, Phil Spector
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!, Vaughn Monroe / Dean Martin / Smokey Robinson & The Miracles 1945 / 1959 / 1963 Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne
- Stop The Calvary, Jona Lewie, 1980, Jona Lewie
- Frosty The Snowman, Gene Autry & The Cass Country Boys / Perry Como / Johnny Mathis / Kimberley Locke 1950 / 1957 / 2003 / 2007 Walter “Jack” Rollins, Steve Nelson
- White Christmas, Bing Crosby, 1942, Irving Berlin
- I Believe In Father Christmas, Greg Lake / Toyah Wilcox / Elaine Paige 1975 / 1982 / 1986 Greg Lake / Peter Sinfield
- Christmas Lights, Coldplay, 2010, Guy Berryman, Johnny Buckland, Will Champion, Chris Martin
- Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire), The Nat King Cole Trio, 1946 Mel Tormé, Bob Wells
- Thank God It’s Christmas, Queen, 1984 Brain May, Roger Taylor
- It’s The Most Wonderful Time of Year, Andy Williams 1963 Edward Pola, George Wyle
- Santa Baby, Eartha Kitt, 1953, Joahn Javits, Phillip Springer
- Christmas Wrapping, The Waitresses, 1981, Chris Butler
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, Frank Sinatra, 1957, Ralph Blanew, Hugh Martin
- Please Come Home For Christmas, Charles Brown, The Eagles, Jon Bon Jovi 1961 / 1978 / 1995 Charles Brown, Gene Redd
- Spaceman Came Travelling, Chris de Burgh, 1976, Chris de Burgh
- A Winter’s Tale, David Essex, 1982, Mike Batt / Tim Rice
- Lonely This Christmas, MUD, 1974 Nicky Chinn, Mike Chapman
- Cold December, Night Michael Bublé 2011 Michael Bublé, Alan Chang, Bob Rock
- Mistletoe And Wine, Cliff Richard, 1988, Jeremy Paul, Leslie Stewart, Keith Strachan
- Merry Christmas, Bryan Adams, 2011, Bryan Adams
- Christmas Time – Don’t Let The Bells End, The Darkness 2003 Justin Hawkins, Dan Hawkins, Frankie Poullain, Ed Graham
- Mary’s Boy Child – Oh My Lord, Boney M, 1978 Jester Hairston, Frank Farian, Fred Jay, Lorin
- Power Of Love, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, 1984 Peter Gill, Holly Johnson, Mark O’Toole
- Blue Christmas, Elvis Presley, 1957, Billy Hayes, Jay W. Johnson
- When A Child Is Born (Soleado) Johnny Mathis 1976 Ciro Dammiccom, Fred Jay
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Gene Autry 1949 Johnny Marks
- Winter Wonderland, Perry Como, 1934, Felix Bernard, Richard B. Smith
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Jimmy Boyd, 1952, Tommie Connor
- Mary’s Boy Child, Harry Belafonte, 1957, Jester Hairston
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, Perry Como & The Fontana Sisters 1951 Meredith Wilson
- The Little Drummer Boy, Harry Simeone Chorale 1958 Harry Simeone, K. K. Davis, Henry Onorati
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
Additional favourite (Mine):
Good Morning Call Season 2 Review
Yes, finally Good Morning Call Season 2 (Our Campus Days), is being shown by Netflix.
It has 10 episodes altogether with some new characters. This series two continues on from their middle school days to university life; campus days.
The new series is apparently a Netflix original and they only started showing it yesterday. So whilst agogly waiting for this Japanese drama’s second series, I rewatched the original one and enjoyed it once again. Lots of giggles!
I was rather unwell yesterday so what better than curl up in front of the telly and binge out on a cute little drama with a big box of chocolate.
And I binge-watch all 10 episodes.
Series two is still as kawaii but more mature. I had a few tears a few times. Poor Nao!
- Shiraishi Shunya as Uehara Hisashi.
- Fukuhara Haruka as Yoshikawa Nao.
- Sakurada Dori as Shinozaki Daichi.
- Sugino Yosuke as Natsume Shu.
- Sagara Itsuki as Nanase Rin.
- Takahashi Maryjun as Kumanomido Saeko.
- Arai Moe as Konno Marina
- Nagashima Shugo – Micchan
- Nagasawa Koya – Abe Jun
Good Morning call, Our Campus Days follows on from when Uehara and Nao were forced to share an apartment and lived together. They were a a victim of a scammer who rented the same apartment to each of them. For months they lived together secretly. It was a school taboo for two kids to live together by themselves even it was platonic.
Uehara was a popular boy with his stunning good looks, intelligence of 200 IQ and being athletic to boot. He is one of the top three most gorgeous (popular) boys in their school. Girls were swooning everytime he walks by. But he is beyond cool. He was cold. He does not like all the fuss. This made him even more desirable.
Nao on the otherhand is ordinary and rather clumsy but has got a pure heart and perseverance. Her innocence made her a boy magnet. Gorgeous guy were falling for her in a big way. Daichi (one of the three popular boys) loved and pined for her for 8 long years.
Before long Uehara and Nao developed feelings for each other but the school found out about their housing situation. In the last episode of the first series, Uehara and Nao promised to be still together but they had to live separately. On moving day, they found that their estate agent/landlord put them into two flats, which were next to each other.
Series two continues on from this.
It now the big school, university.
Uehara met Natsume, who he really gets on with. Natsume is very gregarious and very popular with everyone, especially with the girls.
Uehara admired Natsume’s openness and helpfulness. He perceived Natsume as a male Nao. Natsume, like Nao, Uehara thinks, would go a long mile to help others, even if it means inconveniencing himself. He was rather envious of Natsume’s friendliness, so much so that he developed a bit of inferiority complex when comparing himself to Natsume.
Natsume is flirty and in touch with his feminine side. He loves handicrafts and embroidery. No Uehara and Natsume do not have a gay thing. LOL 🙂
In fact Natsume kissed Nao, which Uehara witnessed. Nao was so distressed that she was spinning like a top, but Uehara forgave Natsume almost in a heartbeat. What kind of a boyfriend is he?
In the end Natsume truly fell for Nao.
Nao and Uehara’s relationship was undergoing a very uncertain phase. To comfort the aggrieved Nao, Natusume kissed her which Uehara found out. Uehara was waiting for Nao to confess about the kiss but Nao was too embarrass to say anything at first until the moment for confession has passed.
But before judging Nao, Uehara was not a hard done by boyfriend. He went on a date with his boss, called Saeko, who is aptly named as she was slightly psychotic. LOL. Uehara and Saeko even shared a kiss which Nao witnessed.
There are plenty of things that are going wrong as well as misunderstanding between Nao and Uehara so their relationship became rather awkward that Uehara said that he wanted space and asked Nao not to go into his flat or contact him for now. Nao understood and did what Uehara wanted. She is not confident about the relationship anyway. She was thinking that her relationship with Uehara was purely accidental, that if they were not ‘forced’ to live together Uehara would not have given her even a second look. Thinking this she finally accepted that they are not really right together and told Uehara that they should break up.
Though they had broken up, Nao said that she would only ever love Uehara and she put Natsume properly in his place that she cannot have a deeper relationship with him. She was very upset too because Natsume had been a crutch to her in facing all her troubles.
You might get the impression that this drama series is full of angsts and heartbreaks but actually there are plenty of cute and heart warming moments that you can’t help but fall in love with Nao and Uehara all over again. You would also like Natsume for being a good friend and a ready shoulder to cry on for Nao.
Spoiler Do not Read
Uehara was also missing Nao but he kept thinking that Natsume is better suited to be with Nao.
Natsume is a good guy and really cares for Nao and her happiness. So he told Uehara where Nao would be at.
Ahhh they confessed their feelings to each other.
The end was that they are finally together with a more mature relationship as they spend nights together in each other’s flat. Ahhhh Uehara has turned lovely dovey 🙂 🙂 🙂 Welll lovey dovey the Uehara way.
Lemon Chicken Recipe
This recipe is perfect for not too formal dinner party or just a treat for the family.
Method of Preparation:
Special Minced Pie
I love everything about Christmas. I love putting up all the Christmas decorations. I love planning the Christmas meal, I love the meeting and mingling with friends, I love writing and sending the Christmas cards and most especially I love the shopping, the buying of gifts. Though I love the latter so much, it does not mean I do not get stress about it, It is hard to please everybody but at the end of the day, I chose the gift with all the love in my heart and if they don’t want what they got, well it is just too bad! 🙂
Christmas Wish List…
Backpacks are so in at the moment. Probably because they are so convenient to carry and quite out of the way, freeing your hands and arms for other things. 🙂 There are some really nice ones in the market right now. DOLCE & GABBANA Crimson or Aqua Canvas Backpack.
Roasted Sweet Apples Recipe
This recipe is ideal served with roast pork and roast turkey. Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas celebration.
You can cook the apples separately with the roast pork or turkey but it would be better and tastier cooked around the meat of preference. They would then soak up juices as the apples cook.
Method of Preparation:
Music Compilation: 80s Favourites
The 80s is Madonna’s era of domination. And she really dominated. But Michael Jackson lorded it. The release of his Thriller album put him into an stratospheric level which was well above the rest.
Madonna – Material Girl
Madonna – Like A Virgin
Michael Jackson – Thriller 1982
Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
Madonna – La Isla Bonita
Laura Branigan – Self Control
Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Want To Have Fun
Kenny Rogers Dolly Parton Islands In The Stream
Flashdance • What a Feeling • Irene Cara
Hello by Lionel Richie
Survivor – Eye Of The Tiger
The Bangles – Eternal Flame
George Michael – Careless Whisper
Chris de Burgh ~ Lady in Red (Kelly Lebrock) Marilyn Monroe style
Billy Ocean – Suddenly
Rockwell – Cuts like knife
Music Compilation: 50s Favourites
50s music, though before I was born, holds a special place in my heart and memories. Certain songs from the 50s remind me of how my father and mother loved each other.
PATTI PAGE – Mockin’ Bird Hill（1951)
Patti Page – “Changing Partners” (1950s)
Big Bopper – Chantilly Lace (1958)
Cry me a river – Julie London (1953)
Ritchie Valens – La Bamba
The Platters – The Great Pretender (1955)
Everly Brothers – Bye Bye Love (1957)
Nat King Cole ~ When i Fall in Love 1957;
Doris Day: When I Fall In Love 1952
Domino (1951) – Doris Day
Music Compilation: 70s Favourites
Personally I think the 70s is the golden age of music.
- Bobby Vinton – Dick And Jane 1974
- Don’t Cry Joni -Conway Twitty 1975
Love Story – Andy Williams 1970
Samantha Sang – Emotion
Mary MacGregor ‘ Torn Between Two Lovers 1976
- WHISPERING WAVES – Donna Summer
Rita Coolidge – We’re All Alone (1978)
Michael Jackson – Ben
Debby Boone – You light up my life
Randy Vanwarmer – Just When I Needed You Most 1979
Bee Gees – How Deep Is Your Love
Michael Jackson ~ One Day In Your Life (1975)
Michael Jackson – She’s Out of My Life (1979)
Michael Jackson Happy
- Michael Jackson – Music & Me (1975)