Egg & Tuna Salad
6 eggs, hard boiled
1 small can tuna, flaked
2 stalks celery, sliced finely
4 tablespoon mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the shell off and then carefully cut into the pointed end of the eggs. From this incision, delicately take out the yolks.
- Set aside the outer egg white as these will be used as an outer casing for the stuffing later on.
- Mash the egg yolks in a bowl. Finely chop the egg whites cut off from the pointed end of the boiled eggs and then add these to the mashed yolks.
- Mix in the tuna and celery.
- Add the mayonnaise. Give it a good stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Now divided this tuna and egg stuffing and use this to fill in the egg white casings. Keep everything tidy.
- Serve in a bed of shredded lettuce.
Tuna in Creamy Mustard Sauce, photo by Arnold Gamboa
Tuna in Creamy Mustard Sauce Recipe
This tangy mustard sauce goes perfectly well with these succulent pieces of plump tuna belly.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inches length
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and quartered and then cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, ground (use mortar and pestle to grind)
- Salt to taste
- 2 pounds tuna belly, cut into bite-size pieces
- Parsley to decorate
1. Combine the mustard, soy sauce, ginger and lime juice. Set aside.
2.. Slowly stir in the olive oil. Mix well. Set aside.
3. Steam the green beans (string beans) and carrots until tender. Set aside.
4. Using a casserole pan or even a wok, heat up the mustard mix and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Carefully set the tuna belly pieces in the casserole pan or wok and let the tuna soak in the mustard sauce. Cook for a minute or until all sides have turned opaque white.
6. Gently stir in the steamed green beans and carrots.
Serve the tuna belly pieces and pour the delicious creamy mustard sauce all over them.
Decorate with a small twig of parsley!
Enjoy with salad or a small bowl of freshly boiled rice.