Summer may have been officially over here in the UK, but parties are just about to start. There is the Halloween party, Guy fawkes’ Night, Christmas parties and New Year’s pary.
A bit of mojito will, I am sure, be appreciated.
Just be responsible. Don’t drink and drive!
- 8 limes, sliced
- 28g mint, leaves only
- 1 tbsp demerara or brown sugar
- 300ml whisky (a blend rather than single malt works best here)
- ice cubes
- 2 litres cloudy ginger beer, chilled
- Place the limes and sugar in a pitcher and give it a good stir to dissolve the sugar granules.
- Using a wooden spoon, rolling pin or a mezzaluna, crush or chopped the mint leaves roughly to release the flavour. Then add the crushed mint to the pitcher and stir it in.
- Add the whisky and again, stir well.
- Fill with ice; top up with ginger beer.
This recipe is from Sainsbury, where you can buy all the ingredients.
Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.