Fried Chicken, photo by Mae Mercado-Sanguer
Fried Chicken (Filipino Recipe)
- 1 whole chicken, cut into segment pieces
- 4-5 cloves garlic, peeled and pounded into paste
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (according to taste
- oil for deep-frying
Method of Preparation:
- Wash the chicken pieces and drain thoroughly, then place in a large bowl.
- Put it the garlic in a separate container.
- Pour in the soy sauce and vinegar over the garlic.
- Season with a bit of salt and a good amount of freshly ground black pepper for spice.
- Give it a thorough mix.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken pieces. Ensure that all the pieces get a soak in.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to marinate for a couple of hours.
- Drain the chicken pieces and fry in deep hot oil over medium heat. Cook until golden brown all over.
- Serve hot with some salad and of course unli rice. 🙂 (unlimited rice)