I have just upgraded or rather renewed by contract with Carphone warehouse of my iPhone to Samsung Galaxy 8. I have to admit I have gotten used with the ease of iPhone that it took a little while (very little) to get familiar with an android. The last phone I had which was an android was a Blackberry, many years ago.
My daughter-in-law, Stacey said that she heard positive reviews of Samsung G8, but she also heard that it is rather delicate and the glass face is prone to break at the slightess drop. I was rather worried about that, but I can’t really change it because the receipt had been printed and I don’t think I could go through doing the whole administration once again. OMG, it was such a palaver. I had to give my telephone number several times as well as my date of birth and go through the terms and conditions as well. It was like signing for the official secret act.
Anyway, as the phone is allegedly delicate, I daren’t use it much until I got a lovely phone cover.
I went to Amazon.co.uk and had a look. There are so much to choose from.
But as a homage to the Chinese New Year, I choose a Ted Baker case with beautiful dainty flowers in Chinese design.
The case was delivered within three days, good one Amazon, and I was really pleased with the case. The inside case has a little mirror, which is ideal for taking selfie. You can look at it and prepare your beautifulest smile.
The Samsung galaxy 8 slotted easily into the case, which is now holding it securely. The flip cover has magnetic clasp that hold the two flaps flat together when open to answer the phone.
I am fairly new to using a rice cooker. For 30 years here in London, I have been cooking rice, boiled in normal sauce pan. Sometimes, it cooks okey, sometimes it ends in disaster; pretty hit and miss and more on the miss. But I have never thought of getting a rice cooker. I supposed since living in London, I have not been eating rice like the way I ate it in the Philippines, which is almost 3 times a day, every day.
Here, I would cook rice, perhaps once every 3 months, if that. And my family here, do not really eat rice, only in curries or chili con carne.
It was watching Korean dramas that I got to notice the rice cooker. They have one in almost every drama or every household.
I ordered one in Argos. I chose the Breville model as it was on sale as well as it has just a good review. It is sizeable enough that you can cook rice for a large family.
I am so glad now that I bought a rice cooker. The rice is cooked perfect everytime and with such minimal effort. It automatically cook it and stay heating the rice afterwards, if so wish. No more burning rice, no more watery rice, no more half-cook rice.
Same amount of rice to same amount of water, that easy.
I can even cook rice late at night and be ready for fried rice in the morning.
My then boss from work, Jocelyn, recommended Brabantia. She said she went to John Lewis to buy another bin as her touch bin did not work anymore. She happened to mentioned this to the sales assistant at John Lewis who asked her the make of her bin. When she said Brabantia, the sales assistant just gave her a new lid from their stocks. Apparently Brabantia guaranteed their products for ten years.
From her recommendation, I bought a rather expensive 50 litre Touch bin Brabantia from Argos. That was 8-9 years ago. The lid of the bin would not close anymore so Peter said to get another one. Luckily I remembered what Jocelyn said. So I went to Brabantia’s website and lo! and behold!, a touch lid is available without any extra cost, not even for a postage and packaging. How amazing was that? It did not ask what day it was bought or anything (as I would not have an idea nor a receipt to present)
It does not stop there, it arrived quickly, less than 5 days.
Peter and I could not be happier with Brabantia. Good job!
I think my mother must be the number one consumer of Vicks vaporub. 😉 We grew up on it. She nurtured us with it. 😉 For every ailment Vicks was never far away. For headaches, Vicks was rubbed on the temple. For coughs and colds, Vicks was rubbed on chest and back and nostril. For sores, aches and pains, Vicks was rubbed on affected areas.
The smell of Vicks was as familiar as the smell of our favourite viand, the Adobo.
Vicks was an all around family medicine kit because it worked.
Now living in the UK, I always have a tub of Vicks VapoRub placed at an easy reach and I still swear by it.
TWELVE SURPRISING USES FOR VICKS VAPORUB
1. Decongest Your Chest The most common use of Vicks is to decongest your chest and throat area. When applied to the upper chest, it provides excellent relief of cough and congestion symptoms.
2. On Your Tootsies Applying Vicks to your feet provides nighttime cough relief. Generously rub VapoRub all over your feet and cover them with socks. Your cough will subside.
3. Achy Breaky Muscles Vicks relieves sore, overworked muscles. It increases circulation and provides almost instant aid. Use a generous portion and apply it over the aching area.
4. Get Rid of Nasty Nail Fungus Rub VapoRub on your toenails if you suspect you have a fungus. Within days, the nail will turn dark—this means the Vicks is killing the fungus. As your toenail grows out, the dark part will grow off and you will have fungus-free feet. Keep applying the ointment over a period of two weeks to fully cleanse nail beds of any remaining bacteria.
5. Stop Your Cat from Scratching To prevent Miss Kitty from ruining your doors, walls, and windows, apply a small amount of VapoRub to these areas. Cats detest the smell and will steer clear. Vicks can also be applied to your arms and legs if your kitty is prone to scratching you.
6. Pet Pee-Pee Deterrent If your dog or cat is not yet potty trained, put an open bottle of Vicks on the area he or she likes to mark as their territory. The smell will discourage them from lifting their legs and wetting your rug.
7. Headaches Be Gone Rub a small amount of Vicks VapoRub on your temples and forehead to help relieve headaches. The mentholated scent will release pressure in your head and instantly relieve pain.
8. Humidify Your Sleep Vicks VapoRub can be used in special types of humidifiers and vaporizers. Ensure your humidifier has an aromatherapy compartment before using. The humidifier will circulate Vicks throughout the air and keep you breathing easy all night long.
9. Paper Cuts and Splinters To prevent infection and speed up healing time, dab a small amount of Vicks on any small cut or splinter.
10. Ticks and Bugs If you get bitten by a tick, apply Vicks immediately. The strong odor might help get the critter to release itself and stop bugging you.
11. Reek-free Racehorses Professional racers smother VapoRub under the nostrils of racehorses on race day. The strong stench deters the stallions from the alluring odor of the female pony and keeps them focused on the race.
12. Go Away Mosquitoes (love this one!!!) Apply small dabs of Vicks VapoRub to your skin and clothes and mosquitoes will steer clear. If you do get bitten, apply Vicks to the area and cover it with a Band-Aid to relieve itching. (Although this one didn’t work for me) Be sure to SHARE to save on your wall!
Our two-year old Beko AmericanFridge has been playing up. The bottom part of the fridge has been freezing up which had damaged the water filter and causing all the food, including all the vegetables, wine, colas to freeze solid.
Called the BG engineers to have a look. Despite two visits from the engineers, the problem remained. Beko, themselves would charge £200 to repair the fridge.
We therefore decided to just get another American fridge but not a Beko one.
We went to Currys and were pleasantly surprised by the vast selection of fridges. We fell in love with a couple of Samsung American fridges. We proceeded to order our first choice but was told by a very helpful young lady that they don’t have it in stock and their system does not tell when it will have anymore in stock. (Apparently Samsung is very popular?) We were very disappointed by this but query the availability of our next choice. Again, they don’t have it in stock. I asked if we could have the one in the shop. The sales clerk said that the item was for display. I said to her that they don’t need a display as they don’t have anything in stock to sell of these models.
She was sympathetic but she can’t really do anything. She promised though that she will give us a call if circumstances changes.
I was reading my Glamour magazine at my desk at work when I found this perfumed flap with a sample of Narciso Rodriguez scent called For Her.
I love it instantly. It is so me. It reminds me of old days, of innocence, purity, of summer, of bathing in a warm lake, of flowery dresses, nice breeze, warm embrace, of clear sky, ripening palays, birds singing….. It is so evocative – nostalgic.. classy in the way that Chanel No 5 is. It has that elegant and clean smell.
OMG, I thought all of the above for just snipping For Her. I WANT THIS FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
I saw an advert for Bio-oil on telly a couple of years ago. I tried it, I liked it and I have been using it ever since.
My husband saw me using it religiously and noticed the difference it has done to my skin. He has also started using it. I do not only use it on my face, I also apply it to any dry spot or somewhere where there is a scar.
It is not a miracle cure but it does a pretty good job in rehydrating dry skin.
I would certainly recommend it to anyone.
We buy the largest size which retails at around £19.00 and it lasts for months and months. Good value for what it does to your skin.
It is a skin hero. Something to use when you are tired and weary and would just like to clean your face and just slap a bit of skin care and hoping that you wake up with soft, hydrated skin.