Category: ART & LEISURE
The small print
Copyright Notice – No infringement of any text or graphic copyright is intended. If you own the copyright to any original image or document used for the creation of the graphics or information on this site, please contact the Webmaster with all pertinent info so that proper credit can be given. If you wish to have it removed from the site, we will comply as soon as we can.
The GlobalGranary.Org Team
Holy Battle in Couleur de Rose (Barairo no Seisen)
- Genre: Drama, Romance, Infidelity, Life, Marriage
- Date Released: September 2011
- Origin: Japan
- Doroma: 6 Episodes
- Kazue Fukiishi as Makoto Miki
- Tomoharu Hagesawa as Atsushi Miki
- Sei Ashina as Sara Nakanisha
- Jun Kaname as Koki Asano
- Saori Takesawa as Akaneko Tamiya
Beauty is a constant battle
Makoto is a married woman with two young children and a household to manage.
She is married to a salaryman who had not paid her any attention for three years since she was pregnant with her youngest.
One day, out walking with her children, she saw her husband being too familiar and loving with another woman.
When she confronted him, he said that it was just sex and nothing else and the woman was about to get married and had a last fling with him. He said he loves her, his wife, and that is that.
Makoto was very upset but because of her children, she puts up with it.
Strangely she and her husband became a wedding sponsor for her husband’s lover and she has to give the woman away at the wedding ceremony.
At the wedding, she attracted the attention of the official photographer. With her height and quiet demeanor, she fitted her kimono well.
The photographer approached her and her husband and broached to her about becoming a model.
Makoto is really quite a stunning woman but she let herself go. Beaten by child-rearing, housework and saving and scrimping to make ends meet.
She did try to seduce her husband into resuming full conjugal relationship but he was not interested. In fact, he told her that she was shameless for wanting sex, she is already a mother of two.
With her self-esteem in tatters. She needed help.
She remembered the modeling suggestion from the photographer and with much trepidation she sent her application to agencies.
As luck would have it, she got selected to attend a sort of audition for diet based modeling.
On the first day she got befriended by Sara.
Sara told her especially that she used to be a professional model but her offers dried up so she got married. But she misses being a model so she purposely put on 10 kg to be able to enter the contest.
Because of Sara’s background, her experience is coming through, which forced the judges to disqualify her after winning the contest which was really meant for amateurs.
Sara was so upset that she slapped Makoto believing that she told on her. Without provocation, Makoto made an enemy.
Makoto did well with her first modeling stint but found out later that she was photoshopped out of the pictures in favour of Sara.
Modeling, she found is not all it’s cracked up to be.
Kang Ji Hwan (South Korean Actor)
- Birth Name: Jo Tae-gyu
- DoB: 20 March 1977 (41)
- PoB: Seoul, South Korea
- Height: 1.84 m
- Occupation: Model, Theatre/Musical Performer, Singer, Actor
- Work Period: 2001 – Present
Dramas & Films:
Revenge Girl (Japanese Movie) Review & Summary
- Aka: Ribenji Girl
- Genre: Romance, Revenge, Comedy
- Dater Released: 2017
- Origin: Japan; based on a novel of the same title written by Erika Yoshida & Tomohide Kiyoshi
- Mirei Kiritani as Miki Takahashi
- Nobuyuki Suzuki as Toshiya Kadowaki
- Sho Kiyohara as Suga Saito
- Fumika Baba as Mariko Nakategawa
- Shinya Owada as Shigeru Saito
- Aimi Satsukawa as Rinko Momose
- Aisa Takeuchi as Misaki Houseki
- Yuki Saito as Nagiko Kisaragi
I would have not been able to watch nor review this film if not for Rjgman56, who translate Japanese dramas and films into English. Thank you.
This film is a Mirei Kiritani movie. She is one of my most favourite Japanese actresses. She always gives her all in her roles.
Anyway this movie is very lightweight but there are some funny and memorable scenes.
The beginning is hilarious if rather truthful if beauty queens would only tell their honest truth before they attempt at world peace.
Mirei plays Miki Takahashi, who is intelligent, talented and very beautiful and she knows it.
She was once again crowned as Miss Campus at the prestigious Tokyo University after third consecutive wins.
During her victory speech, she said that she always know who was going to win because she is beautiful. She then gave a sagely advice to the newbie contestants. She told them that perhaps before entering a pageant they should look into the mirror. Miaou!
With all her bravado, she accidentally fell right into the arm of Suga Saito and it was love at first sight.
A year on, Miki was now working for Bulgari and Saito has started a career in politics.
Bungaku Shojo (Book Girl) Summary & Review
- Aka: Literary Virgin
- Genre: Romance, Live Action Manga; Office Romance
- Release Date: Sept 2018
- Origin: Japan; based on a webcomic of the same title by Mayaka Nakano
- Aoi Morikawa as Kanoko Tsukishiro
- Yuu Shirota as Saku Kagawa
- Makasi Nakao as Chichiro Mochizuki
- Rika Izumi as Mitsuki Ariake
- Taikou Kotoono as Maki Nanase
- Yako Koga as Akari Mishima
- Masahiko Kawahara as Ko Mishima
- Momoko Tanabe as Chiyoka Amamura
Xing Zhaolin (Chinese Actor)
- DoB: 22 July 1997 (21)
- PoB: Jinshui District, Henan, China
- Height: 1.89 m
- Civil Status: Single
- Occupation: Model, Singer, Dancer, Actor
- Work Period: 2015 – Present
Films & Dramas
- Princess Agents (2017)
- The Eternal Love (2017)
- The Eternal Love 2 (2018)
- I Cannot Hug You (2017)
- I Cannot Hug You 2 (2018)
- Brilliant Time (TBA)
- Blowing in the Wind (TBA)
- First Love (TBA)
Master’s Sun (KDrama Classic)
- Genre: ROMANCE, Supernatural, Horror, Melodrama, Comedy, Mystery
- Date Released: 2013
- Origin: South Korea
- KDrama: 17 Episodes
- So Ji Sub as Joo Joong Won
- Gong Hyo Jin as Tae Gong Shil
- Seo In-Guk as Kang Woo
- Kim Yoo-Ri as Tae Yi-Ryung
- L as young Joo Joon Won
- Han Bo-reum as “Cha Hee-joo” (Hanna Brown)
- Hwang Sun-hee as “Hanna Brown” (Cha Hee-joo)
- Kim Mi-kyung as Joo Sung-ran
- Lee Jong-won as Do Seok-chul
- Choi Jung-woo as Kim Gwi-do
- Park Hee-von as Tae Gong-ri
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED VIEWING
This drama has everything and more. If you are new to Kdrama then this is the best one to start with.
Tae Gong Shil’s name means sun in English meets the Master of the Kingdom conglomerate. He was Joo Joong Won. He was a gorgeous but mean, cold and unfeeling man.
This was due to the fact that he was betrayed so cruelly by his first love as a young boy. He fell so deeply in love with Cha Hee Joo when he was 15 years old.
He woke up one day to find himself in a warehouse, his hands and feet bound by a rope and was forced to read pages upon pages of stories about murder and mayhem. He then realised that his kidnapper was none other than his beloved Cha Hee Joo, who was asking for a ransom of a couple of billions worth of a diamond necklace, which was a family heirloom.
He got rescued but Cha Hee Joo died in the car the blew up in flames. To the end Joo Joong Won protected her saying that she was kidnapped with him. This big secret was eating him alive. His post-traumatic stress disorder made him suffer from extreme dyslexia, an inability to read.
The heroine, Tae Gong Shil, was a survivor of a near-death experience. She was in a coma for three years and when she finally came around she can see ghosts.
Hu BingQing (Chinese Actress)
- DoB: 25 January 1992 (26)
- PoB: Hefei, Anhui, China
- Civil Status: Single
- Education: Shanghai Institute of Visual Arts ( degree in Media and Films)
- Occupation: Model, Singer, Actress
- Work Period: 2012 – Present
Dramas & Films:
Facts & Factoids:
- In Legend of Dugu, Hu Bingqing showed that she makes one of the most beautiful empresses in a historical drama.