New Orleans/Creole Recipe
Butter Garlic Prawn with Hungarian sausage Recipe
This is a real treat for the family, for fiestas, for birthdays, for anniversaries and other auspicious celebrations, such as the moon landing anniversary, perhaps.
The prawns with the meaty Hungarian sausage are bursting with taste and goodness.
Below is an easy to follow recipe.
- 12 king prawns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 paprika
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallots, chopped
- 3 bird-eye chilies, sliced
- Hungarian Sausage, sliced diagonally
Method of Preparation:
- Using a wok or a large frying pan, quickly fry the prawn with the olive oil. Cook for a couple of minutes. Then remove the prawns from the pan and set aside.
- In the same wok stir-fry the Hungarian sausage until the juices start to ooze. Remove the sausages and set aside.
- Using the same wok or frying pan, melt the butter at low heat.
- Increase the heat to medium and add garlic, bird eye chillies and shallot.
- Pour in the coconut milk.
- Season with curry powder, salt, sugar and paprika.
- Bring the coconut milk into a boil and then lower down the heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fried prawns and Hungarian sausage with the soy sauce. Stir gently but thoroughly.
- Cook for five to six minutes.
- Serve immediately with freshly boiled rice or chips. 🙂