This recipe is a very quick and easy one to do. Anyone can try it at home. The above is the effort of our very capable chef Stacey. We enjoyed it eaten with tonnes of barbecued meat. 🙂
Stacey used new potatoes which she left unpeeled. Other bigger variety of potatoes may need to be peeled.
Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 lbs new potatoes, unpeeled, cut in half
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
- Cover potatoes with water in and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Turn down the heat to low, add the salt, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, celery If using), onion and eggs (if using) and toss gently.
- Serve chilled as a side to grilled, roasted or fried meat.