Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
For the base:
- 1 packet of Dried Yeast
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 140 ml Warm Water
- 180g Strong Plain Flour (for baking bread)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 small tin chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of Tomato Puree
- Grated Cheddar or Mozzarella
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced thinly
- Pepperoni slices
- To make the base, mix the salt and yeast together in a jug with the warm water.
- Place flour in a large mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the water mixture. Also add the olive oil.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix everything to create a wet dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat clean surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Place in a bowel and cover with tea towel. Leave at room temperature to enable the yeast to do its work. After half an hour, the dough should have doubled in size.
- Flatten the dough into a circle, as the pizza base.
- Now create the topping.
- Using a spatula, spread the tomato puree all over the base.
- Place the chopped tomatoes on top.
- Then add onion and garlic, spread them.
- Sprinkle over the roughly grated cheese and arrange Pepperoni, put as many as you like.
- Season with a little salt and a good grinding of black pepper.
- Sprinkle in the dried basil.
- Place the pizza on a lightly greased baking sheet..
- Cook at 200° for 20 minutes.