Tag: Baby Potatoes With Mustard Sauce
Baby Potatoes with Mustard Sauce, Photo by Arnold Gamboa
New Potatoes with Lardons in Mustard Sauce
- 1kg new (baby) potatoes, clean, no need to peel
- 200 g bacon lardons
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or 1 chicken bouillon dissolved in 1/4 cup of boiling or hot water
- 1 half cup double cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
Method of preparation:
- Bring a large pot of salty water to a boil. Add the baby potatoes and simmer until just tender. (The potatoes can also be steamed.) Drain and put in a large serving tray or plate.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and then saute the bacon lardons, until golden and crispy. Remove the cooked lardons and transfer into a bowl, set aside.
- Stir in the chicken bouillon into the frying pan. Scrape the brown bits from the pan to mix in with the chicken broth for added flavour. Leave to simmer for three minutes.
- Pour in the double cream and then add the Dijon mustard. Give it a good stir.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread the lardons all over the baby potatoes.
- Finally drizzle generously with the mustard sauce.
- Enjoy with grilled or roasted meat.