Chilli Cheesy Nuggets
These are gooey with aromatic chilli taste. Perfect for parties. Love these little babies when Peter and I ordered them at Burger King the other night.
We had leftovers, which we kept in the fridge and reheated in the oven at 180C for 5 minutes. They came out so lovely.
Anyway, Burger King’s ones are delicious but they can be easily done at home. Below is the recipe.
- 75g grated mature cheddar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped `Jalapeno peppers or green peppers (remove the seeds and white membranes if not partial to too much heat)
- vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs, beaten with a teaspoon of turmeric or chilli powder
- Use a cheese grater to chop the chunk of cheese finely if you can’t find an already grated cheese in your local supermarket. 🙂
- In a mixing bowl, add together the grated cheese, Jalapeno, cornflour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley. Add a bit of milk to make the ingredients adhere together. Mix well until a dough is created.
- Then divide the dough into equal bite-size balls.
- Roll each ball first in the plain flour, then dip into the spiced beaten eggs and then roll into the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden all over.
- Let them rest on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
Enjoy with fried chicken or burger.