Flat Green Beans & Pork, Photo by JMorton
Flat Green Beans & Pork, with Rice Photo by JMorton
Spicy Pork with Flat Green Beans
- 200g flat green beans, top and tail and cut into 1½ inches lengths
- 300g pork belly slices, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp of chilli oil or less, to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Using a wok or a large sauce pan, boil the pork in two cups of water for 10-15 minutes or until the water has evaporated. Remove scums that gather on top.
Add the oil and stir fly for a couple of minutes.
Stir in the garlic and onions and cook for a few minutes until the garlic and onions are browned.
Add the beans, red and yellow bell peppers, the soy sauce, cornflour, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
Stir in the curry powder and chili oil.
- Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Check the seasoning. Add more salt if required.
Serve with freshly boiled rice.