Iced Milon, Photo by JMorton
This is my favourite thirst quencher when I was still living in the Philippines. It is refreshing and delicious.
Thankfully, wherever you are in this world, you can prepare it and it tastes the same from the what I was used to in the Philippines, as long as you use the cantaloupe melon.
Cantaloupe Refresher Drink – Milon
- 1 Cantaloupe (Milon)
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 4-6 cups cold water
- 1 cup ice cubes
Method of Preparation:
- Cut the cantaloupe in half.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Discard or for extra flavour, mash the seeds and pulps with a fork and then use a sieve to get the juice while discarding the seeds and pulps.
- Score the cantaloupe flesh with a fork and then scrape with a spoon. It is of course easier to use a melon grater.
- Put the cold water and sugar into a pitcher or a big cocktail fish bowl. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cantaloupe strands (and juice from the seeds – optional)
- Then add the ice cubes just before serving.