- 1 pack Sotanghon (glass noodles)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 cup shrimps, shell removed
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 1½ cups chicken broth (chicken bouillon dissolved in 1½ cup of hot water)
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 100g mange taut (sitsaro), topped and tailed
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and julliened
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- fish sauce or salt
Glass Noodle (Sotanghon) Photo by Bless Mercado
Ingredients, photo by Bless Mercado
Method of Preparation:
- Prepare the sotanghon according to the packet’s instruction.
- Heat the wok or a large frying pan.
- Add the oil and let it heat.
- Saute the garlic until brown but not burnt.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Tip in the chicken and stir until it has changed colour to ‘whitish”.
- Add the carrot, mange taut, cabbage and bell pepper.
- Stir in the shrimps and cook for
- Pour in the the chicken broth and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Check that the vegetables are cooked.
- Then add the sotanghon.
- Correct the seasoning by adding fish sauce or salt, according to taste.
- Give it a good stir.
- Serve immediately as an afternoon snack.
Don’t forget to spritz with a touch of lemon or calamansi.