All are lunatics, but he who can analyse his delusion is called a philospher.
This is a list of authors, scientist, artists and philosophers who live on through their words.
Their quotes can inspire, can make you laugh, can make you question something you thought you knew, or think they may wrong and that their thinking is antiquated.
The List is a work in progress!
Global Granary List of Philosophers & Quote Masters
- A. A. Milne (18 January 1882 – 31 January 1956)
- Aristotle (384–322 BC)
- Ambrose Bierce
- Edmund Burke
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Euripides (480 – 408 BC)
- David Hume (1711 – 1776)
- Soren Kierkegaard (1813 – 1855)
- St Teresa of Avila
- Fran Lebowitz
- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 – 1900)
- Pythagoras (570BC – 495BC)
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
- William Shakespeare (1564 -1618)