This cake recipe is so light and moist. The pineapple on top is fantastic. It is so lovely; would be a real treat for any occasion for the whole family and friends.
- 50g softened butter
- 50g light soft brown sugar
- 6 pineapples rings from canned in syrup, do not discard the syrup
- 6 glacé cherry
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 100g softened butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until fully incorporated into a creamy butter.
- Using a preferably non-stick deep cake tin with loose base and about 20 cm wide, spread the butter mix on the base.
- Then arrange the pineapple rings on top of the butter mix, placing each of the cherries in the centres of the rings, the dome part of the cherries on the bottom.
- Set aside and make the cake mix.
- In a large mixing bowl or a food mixer, place together the butter, caster sugar, self-raising flour, baking powder, sultanas, vanilla extract and egg with 2 tbsp of the pineapple syrup.
- Mix until it has a soft consistency of a batter.
- Pour into the tin over the pineapple slices and smooth it out so it’s level and all the slices covered.
- Bake for 35 mins, test with a clean knife by inserting into the cake. When the edge of the knife comes out clean, then it is ready.
- Leave to stand for 5 mins, then turn out onto a plate. Serve warm with ice-cream or cream.