Lemon & Lime, photo by JMorton
Lemon & Lime Sorbet
This recipe is perfect for the Christmas holidays when we are served with richly delicious food. We need to clean our palate for the next course and this refreshing sorbet is just the business.
Below is a recipe which can be made a few days before Christmas.
- 2 tbsp lemon rind, grated finely
- 1 tbsp lime rind, grated finely
- 1 cup caster (fine) sugar
- 2½ cup water
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 egg white (from a large egg) :); Please read the method of preparation before assembling.
Method of Preparation:
To make the lemon and lime to be juicier, play with them with your palms, Roll them, tap them, flick them, etc. Then wash them thorough to remove any sign of wax. Grate the rinds to use as required and cut in half and juice.
- Heat a medium size saucepan over high temperature.
- Add the lemon and lime rinds with the sugar and water.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and then lower down the heat and simmer for five minutes with stirring.
- Pour this mixture into a heat-proof container and leave to cool down to a room temperature.
- Stir in the lemon juice as well as the lime juice.
- Pour the sorbet mixture into a tin loaf pan, cover tightly with aluminium foil or cling film and leave in the freezer for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Cut up the set sorbet into pieces and put them in a food processor with the egg white. Blend until smooth.
- Pour back into the loaf pan and freeze until set.
- Serve as needed.