There was an old man with a beard,
Who said, “It is just as I feared!—
Two owls and a hen,
Four larks and a wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard.”
I’ts Movember – No Shave Month
Yes, it is that time of year again. It’s Movember.
Movember is when Men and also some women raise awareness to cancer, particularly to testicular and prostate cancer, by abstaining from shaving. This is a charity-based organisation which originated in Melbourne, Australia in 2004 with 30 men to start with. To date, Movember is global and has managed to accumulate more than $299Million in funds.
Movember has few rules to observe to join in.
- You must register first at Movember.Com. Once registered, you must start the first of November fully and utterly clean-shaven.
- For the entire month of November, each “Mo Bro” must grow and groom a moustache. Yes, Movember is not just about growing facial hair. It is about control, and grooming as well. No hair jungle here.
- No joining your moustache with your sideburns, that’s considered a beard. (Beard growing is probably another organisation.)
- No joining the handlebars to your chin, that’s a goatee. (Again Goatee has some association accorded it somewhere. LOL)
- The last rule and the most important one in No Shave November is, each man must conduct himself like a true gentleman.
Time is of the essence. Join in
Choose your style!