What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance.
– Jane Austen
Yes Jane, I am beyond perspiring myself; I am actually sweating. 😉
It was so hot today. According to news bulletin, it was 36.7 degrees centigrade at Heathrow.
It was 34 degrees centigrade in our garden. Our dog would not go into the garden; he was quite happy to lie down flat in all paws in the cool wooden floor in our living room.
Apparently, the tennis watching public at Wimbledon suffered the heat. This warm weather was unprecedented; it is a usual occurrence for Wimbledon matches to be interrupted by torrential rain not by super-hot weather.
BBC’s The One Show at tonight’s edition had these 5 top tips on how to keep cool during hot weather condition.
1. Ice-cubes – get some ice-cubes to put next to your face and inhale. It has a very calming and cooling effect. I just tried this, it does work.
2. Flannels – freeze first and use the flannel to wipe your face and to put on top of your head.
3. Cup of hot tea. Drinking hot tea – including fruit teas, has cooling and calming effect. It makes you sweat and of course sweat cools the body down.
4. Suntan Lotion – keep and store the suntan lotion in the fridge. When you apply to the heated skin, it will not only protect it, it will also cool it down.
5. Spicy food. Keep a chilli or two in your handbag. Eh?!!! The hot chilli will make your eyes water, your mouth tingling and your sweat glands active.
As you perspire more during warm weathers, keep yourself hydrated. Have a bottle of water with you especially when you are out and about..