Fennel by PH Morton
Sliced fennel, photo by PH Morton
Roast Fennel Recipe
This fennel recipe is really delicioous. It bings out the natural sweetness of this aromatic bulb.
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180ºC.
- Arrange the sliced fennel into a baking sheet, which is lined with aluminium foil.
- Generously drizzle the olive oil into the slices.
- Follow it up with the balsamic vinegar, which will bring out the fennel’s natural sweetness.
- Put in the middle shelf of the oven and roast for 40 minutes or until the edges start to caramelise.
- Serve immediately as a side dish.