My Little Monster (Japanese Movie)
- Aka: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (The Monster Sitting Beside Me)
- Genre: Romance, School, Shojo Manga Live Action
- Date Released: April 2018
- Origin: Japan, Shoujo Manga by Robico
- Tao Tsuchiya as Shizuku Mizutani
- Masaki Suda as Haru Yoshida
- Yuki Yamada as Kenji Yamaguchi
- Yuki Furukawa as Yuzan Yoshida
- Mokomichi Hayami as Mitsuyoshi Misawa
- Elaiza Ikeda as Asako Natsume
- Gaku Sanu as Sohei Sasahara
- Minami Hamabe as Chizuru OshimaOn the
I love this film. I was pleasantly surprised how it came across. It is not just a fluffy live-action shoujo manga where boy meets girl, they have a love-hate relationship at first that came good in the end.
Instead, this drama has a heart. Suda made Haru more than a cardboard character. He made him come alive.
Shizuku Mizutani is a very earnest girl, who wanted to concentrate on studying as she reckons that it is the only thing that won’t let her down. It is a win-win situation as she will get returns from it especially when she becomes number one.
On her first day in high school, she saw a boy fighting ferociously against a group of boys.
She then learned that the boy was suspended from class even before the school term properly began.
That boy was Haru, her seatmate. After his suspension has been lifted, Haru continued to be absent from class. Her teacher tasked Mizutani to find her seatmate and give him the class lecture notes.
Unwillingly, Shizuku went to the Batting Alley and dropped in the notes for Haru.
She left quickly but followed with an over-excited man-child, who told her that he was glad she came and that they will be friends.