Chicken Breast in Apple Sauce
Chicken breast cooked in apple sauce is just so delicious, especially served in freshly steamed baby potatoes and green beans.
I can’t get enough of this food. It was just too tasty. The sweet tasting apples give the chicken a very delicate taste.
Below is a recipe from our favourite M&S.
- 2 Apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon zest and juice
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch Ground cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 6 x 120g Chicken breast fillet
- 150ml Chicken Stock
- Using a large bowl, toss vugorously the apple slices with lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Heat a pan and then add the apple slices. Cook and stir until the apples are tender. Keep warm but set aside.
- Loosely wrap the chicken breasts with cling film. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken until they are flatten into ½ inch thickness.
- Remove the cling film and sprinkle the now flattened chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Fry two chicken breasts at a time and cook until for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm. Continue cooking the rest of the chicken, two at a time.
- Using the same frying pan, add the chicken stock and lemon zest and any accumulated juices from the chicken to the pan.
- Heat and stir until slightly reduced, which may take about 3 minutes. Spoon this sauce over the chicken and serve with the sautéed apples.